Three times a year, one of the Breed4Food partners organises a meeting to discuss the achievements of and progress in important topics of B4F with colleagues. On Thursday 12 July there is an open meeting in Wageningen, about: ‘Scientific developments in genetic and phenotypic information’.
The topics are presented in short presentations in three sessions and there are short breaks between the sessions, so there is the possibility to join only part of the meeting. The sessions are about: crossbred genomics, multi-breed analyses and phenotypes for health and efficiency. Afterwards there is a network lunch.
July 12, 2018 – 09.00-13.00h
Wageningen, Radix (Room W01)
09.00h Welcome by Erwin Koenen, Breed4Food
09.05h Crossbred genomics
- Arjan Neerhof – Topigs Norsvin: Using crossbred genomics in a breeding program for pigs (15 min)
- Mario Calus – WUR: B4F research and tools for crossbred genomics (15 min)
- Claudia Sevillano – WUR / Topigs Norsvin: Crossbred SNP effects depending on the breed-of-origin (15 min)
10.05h Short break
10.15h Multi-breed analyses
- Chris Schrooten – CRV: Experiences with genomic evaluation in numerically smaller breeds (15 min)
- Aniek Bouwman – WUR: Meta-GWAS to unravel the genetic background of complex traits (15 min)
- Biaty Raymond – WUR: Multi-breed genomic prediction using biological information (15 min)
11.15h Short break
11.25h Phenotypes for health and efficiency
- Ynte Schukken – WUR / GD: The relationship between the mammary microbiome and udder health (15 min)
- Dirkjan Schokker – WUR: Unravelling complex traits in pigs (15 min)
- Corentin Lannuzel – Hendrix Genetics: Assessment of feed intake deviation to breed for resilience in turkeys (15 min)
12.25h Closure by Erwin Koenen
12.30h Network Lunch
Will you join us at this open seminar? Please confirm your presence before July 5th by sending an email to Rita Hoving.